Terms of Reference
PSP Associate, LICA 6 (UNOPS)
Private Sector Partnerships Section (PSP), UNHCR Brussels, Belgium
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a contract within the Private Sector Partnerships Services in our Office in Brussels, Belgium.
The position is part of UNHCR’s Belgian Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Unit, which plays a crucial role in helping to expand the organization’s funding base, while ensuring a sustainable and predictable stream of income. PSP as part of Division of External Relations (DER) is administratively divided in regions and supported by the PSP Headquarters located in Copenhagen.
UNHCR aims to raise $1 billion from the private sector in 2025. PSP Belgium is an emerging fundraising country and has been achieving promising first results since opening in 2018. PSP Belgium is diversifying fundraising channels and will now include Individual Giving activities, with Digital fundraising becoming an additional stream of income.
The PSP Associate (Digital Engagement) will work under the supervision of the Associate PSP Officer and in close collaboration with Digital and communication global teams. She/He will also work closely with UNHCR Belgium Public Information and External Relations teams.
Title: PSP Associate (Digital Engagement)
Duty Station: Brussels, Belgium
Contract Type: Local Support, LICA-6 (equivalent to G6)
Duration: yearly contract
Contract start date: 1 July 2019
Advertisement start date: 18 April 2019
Advertisement closing date: 1 May 2019
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Services works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels. The PSP Associate position is part of PSP Belgium team (part of PSP Europe Region) and it is based in the UNHCR Office located in Brussels.
We are looking for a creative and results driven person to manage digital fundraising operations in Belgium to generate leads and funds for UNHCR operations worldwide, to become a reliable asset for the fundraising team in Belgium.
The PSP Associate's first responsibilities will be new supporter’s acquisition and donor retention as well as management and development of digital infrastructures. The PSP Associate will be also responsible for monitoring, reporting and planning of digital operations for Belgium.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Associate PSP Officer, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
Digital fundraising and communication
- Co-create and implement Digital fundraising campaigns to generate long term donations and supporters. Ensure UNHCR Belgium's digital platform is accurate, fundraising friendly, the branding is maintained, and that the messaging, features and functionality are appropriately presented.
- Responsible for optimization of current Belgian webpages to ensure capture of all data and increase traffic and brand equity through SEO/SEA; etc.
- Responsible for all Email programs to inform and recruit prospects, supporters and donors (one off and regulars) and to convert committed giving donors.
- Co-create and implement thematic & emergency campaigns and execute to all digital fundraising channels. Developing creative for digital campaigns, building the impact of social media for advocacy and fundraising, and develop digital partnerships for fundraising.
- Responsible for market adaptation of digital content from global accounts
- Manage and coordinate contractors, suppliers and relevant personnel within/outside the office to develop and implement digital and integrated activities.
Digital Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of all digital operations through UNHCR available reporting tools and analytics platforms.
- Analyze and optimize digital developments in the Belgian market; identify new technologies and services that become available and provide recommendations to boost digital ROI.
- Prepare data and information, reports and presentation on income, expenditure and budgets.
- Develop work plans and budget in relations to Digital engagement activities.
- Responsible for administration, development and maintenance of all PSP Belgium digital infrastructures - donor database, payment system, CMS, etc. - in coordination with PSP Officer and Digital Global teams.
Donor care and relationships
- Provide essential donor care and undertake routine communication with supporters, donors and prospects
- Cultivate productive and collaborative working relationships and outcomes through continous information sharing and transparent work practices. Especially with regards to the other colleagues in the PSP team and with regards to the UNHCR Belgium Public Information and External Relations Unit.
- Ensure high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Observe all legal and legislative requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will be required to have:
- Secondary Education and preferably education in Marketing, communication or a related field;
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Strong experience with running digital and integrated campaigns;
- Strong knowledge of digital assets and infrastructures - website, analytics platforms; etc. Knowledge of Salesforce would be an asset;
- Experienced in working with CMS and e-mail marketing tools ;
- Experienced in fundraising communication content production/development.
- Ability to work well within a collaborative environment;
- Excellent knowledge of English, French and Dutch (written/oral/comprehension);
- Knowledge of UN (specifically UNHCR) procedures would be an advantage;
- Very strong organisational skills;
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills;
- Highly motivated, with an ability to complete tasks, with strong attention to details.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in UNHCR’s office in Brussels, Belgium.
The position is associated with a yearly contract, valid until end of the year. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
The salary is in line with the local UN GS Salary scale.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation BEFORE 1 MAY, dully completed (indicating all work experience) and signed Personal History Form (P11), and CV (optional) email@example.com indicating ‘PSP Associate (Digital Engagement), Brussels’ in the subject of the email.